80s Training

 As Hannah turned 4, I just realized that Sean will be 9 in a month! I had to give him the experiences I had at that age too!

So on Sat night, I watched a movie with him, where he got to experience like I did at his age, the sadness of Artrax dying at the Swamp of Sorrows, the terror of facing the guardians of the Southern Oracle, the joys of flying on Falcor the Luck Dragon. Hannah joined in too, commenting that Atreyu was prettier than the Princess of Fantasia.
Last night, I watched another classic with them. They witnessed the first death of Optimus Prime, the universal greeting, the the ascension of Hot Rod to become Rodimus Prime, the final defeat of Unicron. Including the very NWO slogan "Till all are one!"
Turning my son into a child of the 80s

Comments

Popular Posts